Cultured Marble Care
Information Concerning Cultured Marble Care
Normal Cleaning For Cultured Marble Vanity Tops, Showers, And Tubs
There are no general purpose cleaners available that will clean all stains, residue buildups, and mildew that can occur. The following information is provided to assist you in identifying and solving specific cleaning problems.
For General Cleaning of your cultured marble we recommend the following cleaners:
- Lysol Basin Tub and Tile
- Lysol All Purpose
- Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner
- 409 – All purpose cleaner
- Fantastic – All purpose cleaner
These cleaners can be used weekly or during your normal scheduled cleaning.
For Mildew Removal the following cleaners are recommended:
- X-14 Mildew Remover
- Scrub Free Mildew Remover
- Tilex Mildew Remover
Mildew growth thrives in a dark, wet environment, the best way to prevent growth is to dry your marble after each use. This can be done with a rubber squeegee, a hand towel, exhaust vents or simply leaving your shower door or curtain open to allow air circulation.
For Soap Scum Removal the following cleaners are recommended:
- Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover
- Scrubbing Bubbles Soap Scum Remover
- Tilex Soap Scum and Bathroom Cleaner
Heavy soap scum buildup should not be allowed to occur, however if you are attempting to remove heavy buildup, you may need to allow your cleaner to soften the buildup before it can be removed. Several applications may be necessary.
We recommend that you not use any abrasive cleaners, such as:
- Bon Ami
- Soft Scrub
Never use wire brushes, metal scrapers, steel wool or any other type of metal tools to clean your cultured marble.
Paint strippers or nail polish remover should not come in contact with polyester gel coat. These solvents will soften and dissolve the finish on your cultured marble.
Hair dye, shoe polish, food dye, certain medications and some cosmetics can stain cultured marble if left on the surface for an extended length of time. Most of these products, however, if wiped up promptly, will have no permanent damaging effect on cultured marble.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR WHIRLPOOL
- Fill tub with water about two to four inches above the jets.
- Turn on the pneumatic switch. (Do not run without water at the suggested level.)
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of automatic dishwashing detergent to the clean water and run for about 5 minutes. This will freshen and clean the systems. Turn whirlpool off and drain.
- Refill tub and let system run with clean water for five more minutes to finish the cleaning.
- To sanitize your whirlpool, follow steps 1 and 2, then add 1 cup of Clorox to the clean water and run for 5 minutes. Turn the whirlpool off and drain.
- Refill the tub and let system run for five more minutes to finish the sanitizing.